Wednesday, October 12, 2011

October 13th-19th Guide to Oakland Happenings

The blog is back! I'm going to start out a bit slow, posting once a week about upcoming events. If there is anything cool that I find out about last minute I'm much more likely to post it on twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/sweeeeetoakland.

I'll do these weekly posts for a couple months. If people are checking it out - awesome, I'll keep it up. If not I may go back to just tweeting... So if you love this, or alternatively if you think I'm wasting my time, let me know!

Oct 13th: Soul of the City hosted by one of my all time favorite nonprofits, and definitely one of the most active in Oakland, the Ella baker Center. They will be sharing their list of strategies, priorities, and voting recommendations for the coming elections, so swing by Somar after work and grab a drink, meet some cool peeps, and get edumicated.

Oct 15-16: Treasure Island Music Fest. They still need some volunteers Sunday which would get you a free ticket for Saturday. You can email Jerry at oslvolunteers@gmail.com to sign up, but do it quick! There is a good festival guide HERE

Oct 16th: Joaquin Miller Native Plant Sale. Nuff said...

     and

Temescal Farmer Market 

    and

Mini Maker Faire - Awesome crafty, arty sort of event. Been to similar one before and it was sweeeeet!

Additionally the SF Documentary Fest is going on this next week, with events in SF (duh) and also Berkeley. Being in the middle of the two it seemed relevant.

Peace!

No comments: