Monday, October 22, 2012

The Parkway!


I have been really slow on the blog front and my hopefully valid excuse is that I have been studying for the GRE and doing grad school apps and all that fun stuff. That means it is even more essential to follow me on twitter, so you get updates when something really great comes up that I don't see listed enough other places. Such as the opening block party that is being thrown by the Parkway on Wednesday!

If you are new to Oakland or if you've been living under a rock - The Parkway was an amazing Oakland institution; a theater that showed super cheap movies which you could watch while sitting in couches and eating pizza and drinking beer. It shut down a couple years ago and there was lots of drama, and bla bla bla - the bottom line though is they are reopening on 24th between Broadway and Telegraph and that is awesome news for Oakland peeps.

HERE is the info on Wed. Officially they open on Nov 30th. Word.