Sunday, January 3, 2010

It's Back On


It has been a full month since I last posted. I warned that I would be a bit absent in December due to traveling, moving, the holidays, and starting a new job, but I didn't think it would be quite so bad! Thank you to those who wrote and encouraged me to get back into the swing of things.

Starting now I will again be posting regularly. Today I do not have anything Oakland specific to report. It being the beginning of a new year (happy 20-10!), I thought I would share a tool I just started using to keep track of my resolutions. It is pretty straight forward, you login, write down the things you want to do more and less of, and assign point values to each one. When you engage in one of the activities you click a box and negative things minus points and positive ones add them. For instance I decided to give myself three points every time I workout, two point when I update my blog, and minus six for a night of drinking. If I don't have enough good points stored up, then I won't go out drinking, at least that's the idea.

It should be interesting to see how it works and to try to keep myself in positive territory and slowly change the point structure so that I do less of the things I don't want to and more of those I do! I have inserted a link below to my personal chart. You can create your own chart there too. For some other great ideas to help you start the year out right check out this article at lifehacker.

Again, my apologies for disappearing, and Happy New Year!


Graham's Personal Score Badge